Living in Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach means exposure to the sun. At RB Green Energy, we think of the Florida sun as an incredibly powerful, clean, and free natural resource. The best part about solar energy is that anyone can tap into its potential, especially homeowners looking to save on utility bills and simultaneously support clean energy. Deciding whether and how to invest in residential solar panels can be a complicated decision, so RB Green Energy has provided helpful information geared toward homeowners considering residential solar panels.
Contact us today for a free energy assessment for your primary residence and investment properties. We will give you all the tools to make the most informed decision about installing residential solar panels and show you how to take advantage of homeowner tax incentives to help get the job done!
Why should I invest in residential solar panels?
Residential solar panels represent a great option for homeowners because they provide multifaceted benefits. Whether you are frustrated by skyrocketing utility bills or want to do your part to reduce environmental pollution, investing in solar panels is a viable solution.
Benefits to residential solar panels include:
• Reduced bills: Relying on solar energy as opposed to traditional gas and electric means you save on your monthly utility bill. Depending on your area code and the surface area of your roof, you can save enough money on utility bills to cover the cost of your initial investment and then some. Because solar panel pricing relies on so many variables, contact us to learn more about cost savings for your specific home.
• Reduced carbon footprint: Beyond saving money for your household, investing in residential solar panels also means you reduce your individual carbon footprint. Minimizing your individual carbon footprint — essentially, how much pollution you individually release into the environment — is the easiest thing you can do to support environmental sustainability and clean energy initiatives.
• Long-lasting technology: Solar panels are engineered and installed to last for a long time. Most solar panels are expected to last for at least 20 years, so the return-on-investment is incredible. Additionally, because residential solar panels are designed with longevity in mind, they incur minimal maintenance costs. Solar panels really just require seasonal cleaning to reduce dust or dirt; often, though, rain and precipitation are enough to do this job.
• Ability to finance: Buying residential solar panels can seem extremely cost-prohibitive. Fortunately, a majority of companies allow for customers to finance their solar panel purchases. By financing solar panels, you do not need to pay all of the costs right away,, but you can still reap all the money- and energy-saving benefits that solar panels offer as soon as they are installed.
• Tax credits: To incentive residential solar panels and clean energy, the government offers tax rebates and incentives to homeowners across the country. The federal solar tax credit, known as the investment tax credit (ITC), allows you to deduct up to 30 percent of residential solar panel installation costs when you file your federal taxes. This is an incredible financial incentive, beyond the money you would already save on utility bills.
Ready To Get Started?
If you have considered investing in solar technology for your home, the benefits far outweigh the costs. Contact RB Green Energy today and we can help answer any of your questions as you consider residential solar panel installation.